N. T. Wright was asked what he would tell his children on his deathbed. He said he would tell them, “Look at Jesus.” This statement sounds quite simplistic. Isn’t there anything more of substance to share on your deathbed?
I am reminded of that powerful verse from Hebrews where we are reminded to do the same thing. I don’t know if N. T. Wright had this verse in mind when he made the above statement. The writer of Hebrews gives an amazing list of people who stood for the faith in the midst of unbelievable adversity. Along with them, we are reminded to look to Jesus whatever we face in life.
“Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.” (Hebrews 12:2)
This Christmas, let’s look to Jesus who is the foundation for our faith and the one who will keep us till the end. In fact, he promised that he will never leave us nor forsake us. Where else can you get such a promise? I know that this statement may be simple, but it is substantial.
- Look to Jesus when you’re troubled.
- Look to Jesus when you’re distressed.
- Look to Jesus when you’re afraid.
- Look to Jesus when you’re about to give up.
- Look to Jesus when it seems you have no future.
Look to Jesus always. There is no better way.
Join the discussion and add your thoughts. What have you learned?
Please share briefly in the comments section on the website barnabas.in
Alexi George is a pastor, teacher, and writer. He is devoted to helping people live their potential.
* For a Malayalam video of this post, visit my Facebook page.
* If you enjoyed reading this post, please share it with others who may benefit from reading this.
* For a list of books that I’ve recently read, here is my Reading List.
Leave a Reply