For years I was confused with comparing our struggles with the sufferings of Jesus. He already knew that he was born to die. He knew that he would resurrect after his sufferings and death. Then his next step would be a guaranteed position at the right hand of the Father in Heaven.
So, ultimately, Jesus’ life was a “setup.” All along, he knew the script. The sufferings, crucifixion, death, burial, resurrection, ascension, and his seat at the Father’s right hand was all a complete setup. He knew the outcome all along. Not fair!
But is it any different for us? For those who have given their lives to God by faith in Jesus Christ, life is a “setup.” We will all suffer, and one day we will die. The Bible promises a resurrection followed by an ascension to heaven. It goes on to say that we are seated with Christ in heaven. And since Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father, and we are seated with Jesus, it follows that we are also seated at the right hand of the Father.
This realization has given me a new perspective on life as I turn 50 in a few days. My life is truly a “setup” as I have a guaranteed set of events and outcomes in the future.
I look forward to living my life with confidence and not fear. My future is bright. Not because there is clarity about the events that may occur in the next few decades, but because I have complete trust in the Father. He will lead me on in pain, struggles, sorrows, and lots of sweet victories.
What about your struggles and brokenness? Remember the pain that never seems to go away? And the losses? Too deep to talk about?
Remember your destiny, and give your losses a new meaning. It’s not the end.
- Ten years ago, I wrote my thoughts on turning 40. Read Has Life Begun?
Join the discussion and add your thoughts. What have you learned?
Please share briefly in the comments section on the website.
* If you enjoyed reading this post, please share it with others by using the buttons below.
* Book recommendations on various topics I write on are available at my Resources Page.
* For a list of books that I’ve recently read, here is my Reading List.
- FREE – Considering your goals? Wondering where your life is headed? Read Living Your Potential
- FREE – Facilitating discussions, leading small groups, and more. Read Tips For Effective Ministry
Leave a Reply