- God created us as relational beings and intended for us to relate to each other (Gen. 2:18). When we have godly relationships, we are blessed by the flow of Holy Spirit (Ps. 133).
- The bond made up of our earthly relationship together with its spiritual bonding is called a soul-tie (1 Sam. 18:1).
Examples of godly soul-ties through which Holy Spirit can flow blessing
- Loving parent and child (Ruth 1:14).
- Cherishing husband and respectful wife (Eph. 5:22-33).
- Brother and sister loving each other (Phil. 2:1-4).
- Relationships that are ungodly can create a bond in the spiritual realm which could act as a demonic tube. Evil spirits can flow through this tube to create bondage (Eph. 2:2-3)
Examples of ungodly soul-ties
- With parents/authority figures who have manipulated and controlled us (Gen. 27:8).
- Between sexual partners outside God’s order for marriage (1 Cor. 6:15-16).
- With those who have abused us physically, mentally or sexually (Gen. 34:2-3).
- With those with whom there is an element of fear in the relationship.
- Breaking the soul-tie in the name of Jesus is an essential part of Inner healing and Deliverance ministry.
This post is a part of a series of posts regarding Inner Healing. Click here to access the Introduction to Inner Healing and the entire list of topics in the Inner Healing series.
Leave a Reply